Thursday, September 29, 2016

Resources for a Blessing a Baby

I am working hard at putting together a baby blessing ceremony for my son. The ceremony is entirely created by us but we will be pulling from some prayers, poems, and methods we've found on Heathen, Northern Pagan Trad, Pagan, Wiccan, and other baby blessing sites. I thought I would share those resources I am using here. I will go in more depth about the ceremony later.

Resources

Pregnancy & Birth in the North Tradition (I mostly just glimpsed through here as my son will be a day away from his first birthday at his ceremony)

Northern Pagan Tradition Blessing for a Newborn
Frigga Goddess of Mothers (prayer)
Frigga Plea to the All-Mother (prayer)
Frigga To Mother in My Fear (prayer)
Prayer to Nerthus to Bless a Pregnancy
Njord Ritual to Bless a Father to be

For Mothers who have lost a child - Sigyn Mother of Rokkr


Blessing for a Heathen Child


No comments:

Post a Comment