Thursday, September 8, 2016

30 Days of Frigga Day 8 Aspects

Variations on this deity (aspects, regional forms, etc.)

While some might suggest that Frigga and Freya are the same goddess, I don't agree but that is a discussion for another time. 


I do think, however, that Frau Holle/Hulda is another aspect of Queen Frigga. 

Much as the Holly Kind or Father Christmas is another form of Odin, Frau Holle is the wintry, elderly form of Frigga.

Holle, like Frigga, is a hearth Goddess who watches over women, children, and domestic arts such as spinning. Also like Frigga, Holle is kind to those who are diligent and take care while being stern and punishing those that are lazy, negligent, etc.

My association of Frigga with Holle was strengthened when I did a meditation that led to a visitation with Frigga that I talk about on this blog Here.

Resources
Holda's Shrine

No comments:

Post a Comment