Thursday, September 1, 2016

30 Days of Devotion Day 1 Frigga

FRIXX by deWitte

Today is Day 1 of the 30 Days of Devotion I am doing for My Lady, Frigga. While today is supposed to be a basic introduction, most of what I could say about Frigga that is "basic" I will be thoroughly covering in later days.
She is the Queen of Asgard, wife of the All-Father and therefore the All-Mother.
She is the lady of the hearth, mother goddess to some, regal lady and keeper of the keys to the hall to others. Silent seer, mourning mother, spinner of wyrd.
I see Frigga as a regal lady at her spinning or talking among her handmaidens to keep order among the high worlds and Midgard. When she wants to be she can be soft and tender to those that come to her, especially towards children. I have seen her caress my son's hair and felt her wrap me in the quilt of her comforting love.
I have also seen her be calculating, demanding, and strict. I would not want to raise her anger.
It is my hope that in the next 30 days I can give a glimpse of the Goddess I adore to those that look to find her face or to see her hands at work.


Resources

Northern Pagan Tradition Shrine to Frigga

No comments:

Post a Comment